Monday, May 28, 2012

June Posting Schedule

May I tell you something about writing?


Since May is quickly coming to a close, the Blog Me MAYbe blogfest is also about to end.  I've been pleased with my regular posting and the results I've been seeing as a result of it.  Therefore, I decided to come up with my own posting regimen for the month of June.  I'll try this schedule for at least a month.  If I like it, I just might stick to it.

So, here's a glimpse into my writing future.



Monday: Meeting With My Muse
To start out the week, I'll try to sit down with my muse Pleiades so we can set a reasonable writing goal for the week that will work for us both.  Of course, Pleiades isn't always reasonable.

Tuesday: Tuesday Treat
 This is a reward for surviving Monday.  Each Tuesday I'll try to post either a short piece of writing or something light and entertaining to fortify you for the rest of the week.


Wednesday: Worldly Wednesday
I'll spend the middle of the week examining something language related.  After all, this is a writing blog, is it not?  I might focus on anything from the etymology of a particular word to the way words are used in the world.  Be it freedom of speech or the limitations of language, anything is fair game!


Thursday: Tea Time
This is an optional day.  Like Arthur Dent in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I've never been able to get the hang of Thursdays.  If I decide to post, it will be on any topic of my choosing.  Otherwise, consider it my tea break.

Friday: "I'll Flash You" Friday
Trust me, it's not as dirty as it sounds!  On Friday I'll post a short piece of fiction to lead you into your weekend.  It may be a stand-alone piece of flash fiction, or it may be part of a serial.  If it's a serial, I may post the next part on the following Tuesday for your Tuesday Treat.  Or I may not.  It depends on how the week is going.


The rest of the month I'll also participate in some blogfests, and I may post random updates on my WIP whenever I decide to do so.  It all depends on how I feel.

If anyone has any thoughts about my ideas, feel free to comment.  I always welcome feedback.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome schedule! I look forward to seeing your posts in June, especially the Friday fiction.Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great schedule! I've also been thinking about what I'm going to do when May is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a terrific plan in the works. BTW I've given you a Versatile Blogger Award! L.G. Congratulations from http://startrekspace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I wish I could figure out what to do with my blog on such a regular basis. I hope my muse helps me out, that little bratty princess....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a mild case of organizational OCD, I admire this schedule and dedication to your blog... perseverance in writing is something I've lacked over the past two years and I'm trying to get it back. Thanks for the inspiration... and while I may have trouble with my own schedule, I'll be back here at least on Fridays to catch up for the week. :-)

    ReplyDelete