Of course, these things come with responsibility. I have to answer ten questions and share ten random facts about myself.
1. What is your favorite song? There are so many to choose from, but I'll offer one that says something important about me. I'd have to pick "The Scientist" by Coldplay. Why, you may ask? Listen to the lyrics. It talks about going back in time to change something. It may sound sad, and it certainly is, but as a science fiction writer, time travel is a possibility, and I envision a happy ending every time I hear it. The music video is also good, so I recommend checking it out.
3. What ticks you off? So many pet peeves to choose from. I think I generally disdain hateful people who have no problem lying to make their point. They're impossible to argue with, and our world seems to be crawling with them.
4. When you're upset, what do you do? Listening to music helps me channel my emotions nicely. Depending whether I'm sad or angry, I have a playlist designed to put me back into balance.
5. What is your favorite pet? Jessie, my big yellow lab/golden retriever mix. Big and lazy, friendly and lovable. She was a great dog. When I was in sixth grade, we accidentally ran her over in the driveway. She had a broken leg, and the vet suggested we have her put to sleep. We didn't, and she lived a few more years after that. She had a limp, but she was still happy.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white? I guess it depends. I prefer most of my electronics to be black, and most of my clothes because white stains. However, white brightens things up. A fresh white sheet of paper sure brightens my day.
7. What is your biggest fear? Losing my ability to write would be terrible. I also worry about all the bad things that could happen to my family, though these certainly aren't productive fears. Maybe I should be afraid of being too afraid.
8. What is your attitude? Attitude? Are you saying I have an attitude? Just kidding! I think I try to find the funny things in life when the sad, heavy moments of life really hit me. And I put most of my emotions into writing so they don't get in the way of the rest of my life.
9. What is perfection? It is a Borg concept, and one I know I will never achieve. You need cybernetic implants for that, and I just don't have the money to buy them right now.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Dark chocolate with raspberry filling, eaten with fresh dark roast coffee. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I LOVE spinach!
2. When I was a teenager, I invented the perfect man in a novel I wrote. He's still one of my favorite characters, and I fear my husband may have been jealous of him at one point.
3. I actually enjoy peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.
4. I enjoy watching bad science fiction movies almost as much as I enjoy good ones. Maybe I've seen too much MST3K. There are, however, some movies in this world that are still too bad for even me to watch all the way through.
5. Though I can't sing, I do it when no one else is around.
6. I have entire conversations with the fictional characters I create. I know they aren't real, but my dialogues with them wouldn't show that. One of these days I may end up in a padded room by mistake.
7. Yes, my hair is naturally this shade of red. I've had so many people ask that question and grab my hair to examine my roots, it's insane.
8. Every time I write something, I second guess myself. I really need to quit doing that.
9. The fact that there are so many good people in the world and so many bad people in the world is mind boggling to me.
10. Every time I see reality TV, I wonder what an alien race who'll eventually receive that transmission will think of us. The same goes for those really bad gross-out comedy movies.
Wow, it was hard to think of all those things. Now, here's the even harder part. Picking 7 others to get this award.
It took me forever to compile this list, because there are so many deserving blogs I love to read. I tried to give it to people who haven't gotten it before, but I may have failed once or twice. I'm not really sure.
1. Gina at Modern World
2. Super Earthling
3. Lil Dreamer at Reality Challenged
4 Andrea Teagan at The Enchanted Writer
5. Miss ALK at Confessions of a Maine Teenager
6. Donna Hole
7. Krista McLaughlin at The Jelly Beans of Writing
I love so many of your blogs, it really was hard to choose. Keep up the good work everyone!