Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Great Language-Based Comedy



Last Wednesday I talked about word games in the world. Keeping up with the theme of word games, I thought I'd post a couple of videos that use language in a playful way.  There is nothing serious or overtly political here.  It's just some good fun showing how great linguistic play can be.

The following Abbott and Costello skit is legendary.  If you've never seen it before, you simply must watch.  It's fame is well deserved.  Trust me.

 


The next video was obviously inspired by the above sketch, and anyone who is a language nerd like me can appreciate how brilliant it is.  Thank you Better Than The Machine for  being so funny!




 As a writer, I can't help but love things like this!

3 comments:

  1. The first skit is legendary. Ironically, my fiance had never seen it, thus she listened, scratched her head, and marveled at the genius of it.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy. It must be a writer thing...

    ReplyDelete