Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things



Welcome one and all to another Monday!  They come around so quickly, don't they?  After the weekend we had around here, I feel like we need a second weekend to make up for the craziness of the first.

So far today, I haven't done a whole lot of writing.  I posted my entry for Kyra Lennon's "Letting Go" Bloghop, though I did that before going to bed, so that doesn't count for today.  Either way, if you haven't already, hop on over to her blog and check out some of the entries!  Mine is the post directly below this, in case you're interested in checking it out.

Though I can, in part, blame Kyra for my lack of writing so far today, though by no means in an angry way.  I downloaded my copy of If I Let You Go this morning, and I started to read it while my youngest took a nap and my oldest was occupied with a movie.  I got through it all in one sitting.  The characters were believable, easy to identify with, and I genuinely cared about their struggles.  It's a quick and engrossing read, and I highly recommend it.

Anyway, in regards to my own work, my brain has been tragically overwhelmed after the events of this weekend.  We finally got the car towed away after selling it to a salvage place.  There's still broken glass and things to be cleaned, but it's something else that we don't have to deal with.

After I do some much needed housework and get the kids a bath (they played in the leaves and made a mess of themselves!), I'll settle in to write and schedule tomorrow's post.  Then I'll make myself some coffee and work on a story.  Come to think of it, I haven't had any coffee yet today.  How am I even still alive? 

My goal for the week is to finish the story I'm working on while keeping up with my blogging and everything else that's going on in my life.  I also need to polish up my Spooktoberfest entry, which I plan to post Friday.  If I pull that off, I'll be okay.

Sometimes life pulls us in odd directions, but that doesn't mean we should get discouraged.  I won't let myself get discouraged by the insanity we've been dealing with, because I can't afford it.  Luckily, writing and coffee ultimately work hand in hand to help me maintain my sanity.

Image courtesy of mistermong
 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. L. G. I'm so glad you've gotten things turned around. What a horrible thing to happen. I read If I Let You Go today and your assessment was spot on. It was a sweet story and well written. I enjoyed reading something with a happy ending today.
    I'm looking forward to your post on Friday, I've been working on mine too. 300 words a little less than I'm used too but I figure if I could do it in 25, 60, or 100 words, this shouldn't be too hard. Yeah, I'll keep telling myself that. :)

    ReplyDelete