Sunday, December 30, 2012

Are You Participating in the No Kiss Blogfest?

I just heard about the No Kiss Blogfest.  You can visit Frankie Diane Mallis for further details and sign up if the premise sounds appealing.

Image courtesy of Idea go
 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
You know that moment.  The music swells, the mood is just right, and the two characters you know are perfect for one another are finally about to realize it too.  Your heart jumps, and you hold your breath in anticipation as they lean in for the kiss they were too busy to realize they both wanted.  Then, just as they're about to meet in the middle . . . something happens.  

Image courtesy of TACLUDA
/RGBStock
Maybe the world explodes (though let's hope not, because we actually want to see more of the story) or maybe a close friend or an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend walks in. There are hundreds of distractions to choose from, and they all trigger that heated sense of frustration.  Why did the distraction have to come at that exact moment? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

On Wednesday, January 2nd (also the next posting for IWSG, by the way, so I'll be having a double post day!) you need only post about an almost kiss.  It can be one from a movie, book, WIP, or you can write a little scene that shows an interrupted kiss.  If this sounds good to you, click the link at the beginning of this post to read the rest of the rules and put your name in.  I hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Since I'm the IWSG host (and it will be my first day back after almost two weeks) I won't be participating. I have a feeling my post that day will be long enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds brilliant! I actually have a scene that would be perfect for this in my current WiP and would love to get peoples opinion on it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I'll shoot over there and sign up. Cheers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete