Friday, February 8, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things-Week 4


It's time to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!

Right now, I'm celebrating the fact that I just brewed a fresh pot of coffee.  That always adds a little smile to my day.

I read two books this week: Legend and Prodigy by Marie Lu.  They're YA dystopian novels, and I found them to be quite enjoyable.  Obviously I did, otherwise I wouldn't have finished them both so quickly.

My husband has been sick this week.  While that's not good, I did get to spend some extra time with him this week.  Perhaps it wasn't under the most pleasant circumstances, but we made the best of it.  Also, he's now well enough to go back to work today, so that's something else to celebrate!

My writing has suffered some this week because of my hubby getting sick, but I should be able to get some done today.  After I tackle the mountain of dishes in my sink, that is.  Still, the prospect of writing later today also makes me want to celebrate!

What do you have to celebrate this week?


11 comments:

  1. I hope your husband is better. I wish I had more reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books are on my list to-read ...glad to hear you enjoyed them!! Sometimes life gets in the way of writing but never let writing get in the way of life - it is where the inspiration comes in the first place!! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he appreciated you being there for him though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy that your husband is better and you have the day to yourself.

    I'm celebrating the survival of my book release week. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I celebrated winning Alex's book and an award.
    Enjoyed your post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week it seems you've had. Enjoying time with a loved one and enjoying when he's off to work! :) I do hope you get to writing, and yes that is something to look forward to and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm celebrating that the week is over. Its been a weird mess at work.

    Sounds like you had your week give you some adventure. What a pleasure. Makes you appreciate the normal routine I expect.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on reading 2 books... which gives me an idea...
    I'm off to make some coffee and continue reading my latest from the TBR pile that's groaning under the weight of so many books...
    Hope your hubby has recovered completely... at least you got to spend some time together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad hubby is feeling better, and you can start writing again, but I know you appreciated spending more time together. Isn't is hard the trade-offs were sometimes given. More time together, but one of us is sick, but that's what being thankful for the little things is all about. I just signed up, awesome idea, and just what I need after last year -- a reminder of each blessing, no matter how small!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're husband is on the mend...also glad you were able to spend some extra time with him. Sounds like you've been busy. Hopefully this weekend will give you a chance to catch your breath a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad your husband is feeling a bit better - sounds like a busy week for you!

    ReplyDelete