Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Express Yourself: Looking for Luck


It's time once again for the Express Yourself Weekly Meme with Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

Do you have a lucky charm or a lucky ritual?

I'm not a superstitious person, so I don't think holding on to specific trinkets will bring me luck.  However, I do know I achieve more when I follow a certain routine that helps set me up for success.  At night after my kids are settled down in bed and I've finished the housework, I sit down with a cup of coffee.  I'll usually listen to Star Talk Radio or music while I get in whatever writing I can for the evening.  It's my nightly ritual, and it serves me well.

Also, I used to have a lucky pencil.  I called it that because it was my favorite shade of blue, and it felt super comfortable in my hand.  The words seemed to flow when I used that pencil, if only because it had such an awesome grip. Unfortunately, it disappeared into the recesses if my house.  Perhaps one day I will see it again, but until then, I'll have to make do with the pencils I have on hand.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, a lucky pencil is a good one. I'm still kind of possessive of my writing utensils. :)

    ReplyDelete