Friday, August 16, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things-August 16, 2013


It's Friday, and that means it's time to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!

I won't lie.  This week I'm content simply to celebrate the fact that it's Friday! That means we're that much closer to spending time together as a family over the weekend, and that's always a good thing.  Provided no one is grumpy, of course!

I had fun with my kids this week as they invented multiple uses for the number of empty coffee cans that I've been hoarding.  I saw them used as hats, and as amplifying devices for their already sufficiently loud voices.  The two of them ended up lining them up on the floor and turning them into a large drum set. Why do we even bother buying them new toys when they find such ingenious ways to turn junk into treasure?

What would you like to celebrate this week?


7 comments:

  1. Anything can be a toy if you use your imagination. I always wonder why I bother buying toys for my kitten, when she'd much rather play with plastic bags or my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cans, cardboard boxes, sticks - oh, to be so easily amused! Hoping you have a non-grumpy family weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap can be fun too! This is an interesting slogan :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always celebrate that it's Friday.

    And it's always fun how creative kinds can be with the simplest of things. Like Alex said, cans, boxes and sticks. They're entertained for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of loud fun, but I love drums - maybe you have an aspiring protege! :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless them for getting all that fun from coffee cups! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turning junk into treasure... I'll celebrate that on its own lol
    I'm late on commenting but hey, another Friday is coming, so cheers to that :D

    ReplyDelete