Thursday, September 19, 2013

FSF: Urge to Run


It's time once again for Five Sentence Fiction!  The word for this week is WILD.

The entire "Unchained" story can be found on this PAGE.

Unchained
Chapter 46: Urge to Run

Image courtesy of
Michal Marcol/
FreeDigitalPhotos.net
A wild, almost animalistic urge to run unfurled in the pit of Ylana’s stomach as the Kryllian ship continued to open, nearing the completion of its power-up sequence.  Once the death flower opened, the low light in the center would light up like a sun.  She had never personally witnessed such a thing, but she’d heard the terrible stories of the power the Kryllians had at their disposal.

“I wonder why they’re here,” Nara said softly, her wide eyes drinking in the bone-chilling sight, “because last I knew, the Kryllians had no interest in this world.”

“Maybe they know I’m here and what I’m trying to do,” Ylana whispered in reply, and her stomach sunk as she realized the deaths of billions may soon be on her hands.


4 comments:

  1. Okay, now it's time to increase this to a10 sentence post. I mean really! LOL

    So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So powerful with so few words! I particularly liked 'the death flower.' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not 10. Just carry it over to next week, please!
    Scott
    Mine: http://kindredspirit23.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/fsf-five-sentence-fiction-wild-question-rated-pg13/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I'd stick around with Nara and Ylana just to learn more about their visitors. Curious!

    ReplyDelete