Friday, November 29, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things-November 29, 2013


It's time to once again Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!

All in all, I had a good week.  On Sunday, we met up with my in-laws at Pizza Hut for dinner, and afterwards my husband and I got to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.  We both thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and it was nice to have a couple of hours without the kids tugging at our sleeves.

On Wednesday, I put up the Christmas tree.  My boys tried to help, though they merely succeeded in getting in the way.  Needless to say, they were ecstatic about putting the tree up, and Jude promptly began to ask where the presents were.  Afterwards, the kids located a leftover roll of wrapping paper from last year and started wrapping their toys just so they could have something to unwrap.  They made a massive mess in the process, but the entire activity was too cute for me not to allow it.

We spent Thanksgiving with my dad and had a great meal.  I ate WAY too much! And even as I write this, I find my mind wandering to the leftovers that got sent home with us.  I don't have the willpower to ignore the yummy food!  Help!

What would you like to celebrate?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week! I'm still stuffed from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my Christmas tree up! I always look forward to it. I saw Catching Fire on Tuesday, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, enjoy those leftovers!
    Aww to the boys making that fun massive mess.

    I loved Catching Fire also! Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week! I'm jealous of everyone who got to celebrate Thanksgiving and ate huge amounts of wonderful food. Where I live now there is no Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice week celebrated with family. I haven't been to the movies in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting for Hunger Games - Catching Fire to come out. We are going to see it next week. That's a reason to celebrate! A night out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless them for wrapping and unwrapping toys!

    ReplyDelete