Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Express Yourself: Changes


The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is:  In the past year, what has been the biggest change for you?

I have a couple of answers for this.  One of them is sad, and one of them is a bit happier.

The sad one regards my recent miscarriage.  It was so shocking to be planning for a new baby one day, then having to suddenly come to terms with the fact that I wasn't pregnant anymore.  Sad as it was though, it changed my perspective on things, and I've used that change to motivate me in my writing.  I want to make the pain of the situation mean something.  It's really the only way I could think to handle it.

The happier change in the past year has been having both of my kids in school.  Lyle is only in preschool half the day, but it's clear that my boys are growing up and learning more every day.  It can be bittersweet at times, but I'm glad that both of my boys love school as much as they do.

What changes have you experienced in the past year?


2 comments:

  1. Really sorry, LG. Using that to drive your writing might be a good way to help you deal with it.
    And be very glad the boys both like school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss but happy you found an outlet to deal with it.
    It's nice when kids like school, my youngest is in her last year of preschool and she likes it pretty well.

    ReplyDelete