Friday, May 15, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things and Express Yourself

Today I have a double post for you.  I hope none of you mind.


It's Friday.  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain.  TheCyborgMom and I are her co-hosts.

My husband and I met ten years ago as of May 13th.  It's crazy to think that it's been ten years since he randomly showed up at my front door with one of my friends from high school.  Life definitely would have turned out far differently if he hadn't.

Lyle had a great birthday.  He took cupcakes to school to celebrate, and he got a birthday sticker from his teacher.  For a four-year-old, that's a pretty awesome day.

What would you like to celebrate?




The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

I have a little catching up to do.

May 4th-8th: Tell us about something you haven't tried yet, but would like to.

I would love to try skydiving.  I would also love to learn to fly a plane.  I'm torn between the two.  Perhaps I would learn to fly a plane since that's a somewhat useful skill.  I'm already pretty good at falling already.  I've just never tried it from such great heights.

May 11th-15th:  We are 1/3 of the way through the year. Name something you have achieved thus far.

I've lost 20 pounds.  I still need to lose more, but it's a start.  I want to be as healthy as possible for my kids (or at least, as healthy as I can possibly be without adding jogging into the equation), so that's why I started this.  While it's nice to hear people tell me I'm looking good, that never would have been enough to motivate me.  Health, however, is.

I have to tell you this.  I wish I could go back in time and slap my high school self who thought she was fat.  She had no idea what she was talking about.


10 comments:

  1. You're good at falling - funny!
    Amazing how just the right person appears in your life at the right time, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather fly than fall, lol. Congrats on the weight loss. I would be eating cup cakes today, so that would not work for me :) My daughter's 30th today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was your husband's appearance at your front door ten years random, or a divine appointment? My greatest achievement so far this year has been 'surviving' four trips to hospital. Nothing too serious but all the same, I can think of better ways to spend my time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and congratulations on the weight loss. It takes a lot of hard work to achieve it, but well worth it for your health and your family. Have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! And Happy Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary. Hope it was a super day. Congratulations on losing 20 pounds. That's a lot! That must have taken a lot of determination, but I'm sure you feel much better with it off. Have a great rest if the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy meeting-for-the-first-time Anniversary! And I'm glad your son could share his birthday with his class and teacher. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found myself nodding my head a lot when reading your post! Super result in losing those pounds. My 20 year old son has learnt to fly and has done sky-diving and says it's the most awesome thing ever and the adrenalin rush is the best he's ever had - so why not give it a go?
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Happy 10-Years Since You First Met Anniversary. That's awesome. And a Happy Birthday to your 'little man', too. :) Congrats on the weight loss.

    As always, thanks for co-hosting. You're awesome. Eva

    ReplyDelete