Friday, July 31, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things-July 31, 2015



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja and I are her co-hosts.

This has been a pretty good week.  The boys had a pizza party at the library to celebrate the end of the summer reading program.  They ate pizza (obviously) and cookies, watched a movie, and came home with candy bars.  As you can probably imagine, they were quite happy.

Mina Lobo gave my novella A Silent Soliloquy its first review on Amazon and Goodreads. Thank you!  I spent a half hour just staring at it and feeling amazed at how beautifully written it was.  She sure has a way with words.

I self-published my short story collection Cosmic Seasoning on Smashwords this week. I was kind of amazed at how much easier the task of formatting was the second time around. If anyone would like to download it, you can find it HERE.  It's free, if that helps at all.

We have some family visiting out of town this weekend, so that should be fun.

Tonight is a blue moon!  Too bad a blue moon doesn't actually look blue.  That would be cool.

Since I already indulged in a decidedly geeky moment, here's another.  Happy birthday Harry Potter!

What would you like to celebrate?


12 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was Potter's Birthday. Have a wonderful weekend with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon is just sad inside...
    Awesome you got your first review! I downloaded your short story collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Pizza Party sounds like something I'd enjoy. A Silent Soliloquy does sound really interesting. I'm planning to check it out sometime as well as your story collection Cosmic Seasoning. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots to celebrate this week.
    Does the blue moon drink Blue Moon beer? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, pizza! Congrats on your first review!
    Lol! My hubs is very excited about the Blue Moon and kept giving me all sorts of tidbits last night. Guess that means a blue moon party night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the reviews. Can't wait to read what Mina wrote about your book!

    I'm celebrating actually being enthusiastic about blogging/writing again! WAHOO! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A literal blue moon would be beautiful. Congrats on the review, and have fun with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have lots of good stuff to celebrate! Congratulations on the review and the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet your boys were happy with a pizza party! Maybe you can have one of your own too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful list of things! Congrats on releasing the new collection! I'm wondering how you know it's HP's birthday. Mentioned in the books perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are awesome things to celebrate. Mine would be the fact that I have two books published now and I'm back to writing again. :-)

    ReplyDelete