Monday, October 26, 2015

Bish Denham's Listing Hop!



Bish Denham is celebrating eight years of blogging.  That is an impressive feat, and she's marking the occasion by hosting The Listing Hop along with the always cool Alex J, Cavanaugh!  

We've all made lists at some time or another, and that's what you need to do here. The list can be anything, provided that you avoid adult content.  The list should be between 5 and 25 items long.  Simple, right?

As a writer, I find myself coming up with excuses about why I didn't manage to get any writing done.  I think most writers have been there at one time or another.  With that in mind, I thought I'd make a list that my fellow writers can refer to if you ever need an excuse as to why you didn't get any writing done.  Some are quite believable, while others are rather off the wall.

The Top 10 Reasons Why I Couldn't Write Today

#1: My family had constant issues that demanded all of my time.
#2: After weeks of avoiding the dirty laundry and dishes, I had no choice but to do them.  Now I am suffering from a housework-related stress disorder.
#3: My kids thought it would be fun to use my notebook, which contained my outline and various other notes related to my WIP, as a coloring book.  This forced me to spend the rest of my day as a mime since I can't use bad language around children.
#4: My coffee pot was sabotaged by villainous trolls.  My inability to imbibe my daily dose of caffeine forced my brain to shut down.
#5: My dog ate my WIP.
#6: My computer became self-aware and decided to break down in order to prevent me from getting any writing done.
#7: I hit my head on my desk in frustration, and the impact made me temporarily forget that I'm a writer.  I instead spent the afternoon convinced that my sole mission in life is to rid the world of wine by drinking it all.
#8: The government recruited me to go on a top secret mission to save the world. This clearly took up a good portion of my spare time.
#9: An alien spacecraft crash landed in my backyard.  I had to help the craft's occupants scavenge for spare parts to repair it.
#10: I spent so much time making lists that I ran out of time.  It's called procrastination.

There's my list!  Be sure to visit some of the other participants!

43 comments:

  1. Definitely need the wine to remember I'm a writer; and I think I overuse #1, the family needs. *bangs head on desk*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family can be demanding, that's for sure. Wine is a wonderful thing.

      Delete
  2. #11: Fricking writer's block
    #12: Needed to catch up on internet news
    #13: Had to take a nap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for listing with me, L. G. I LOVE your list, it's hysterical and so true. The dog DID eat my WIP, plus I not only had to help the aliens repair their craft, they abducted me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever list!!! And #3 is my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are hilarious! I want to rid the world of wine now.
    Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we recruit some minions to the task, I believe we can do it!

      Delete
  6. This is pure perfection right here. #2 is so true! I'm only in college, but I have experience with laundry build up.

    morgankatz505.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! #2 was true for me when I was in college too.

      Delete
  7. Fantastic list! I've suffered from "housework-related stress disorder" too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Love your list. "My computer became self-aware..."At least it didn't try to kill you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sure, blame it on Skynet. Very creative excuses. I mostly procrastinate because I found such a good book to read, I can't put it down to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can blame a lot of unfinished things on good books, as well.

      Delete
  10. There are a few excuses on your list that I can definitely relate to with procrastination being number one.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate it when alien spaceships crash in my backyard. Those aliens are always so needy.

    An excellent list...I've used a few of those from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be, especially when they start demanding that you take them to your leader.

      Delete
  12. One of the funnest lists on the hop! Love #12.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Epic list, love it! I blame the aliens. They keep hacking into my best stories on my computer because they know I'm onto them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be sneaky like that. Hmmm. I should boost the security measures on my own computer to be on the safe side.

      Delete
  14. Wonderful!
    I've used them all at least once, maybe twice, okay at least three times. Now where did I leave that WIP this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the aliens took it with them when they went back home.

      Delete
  15. HA! Well at least your government spy mission and the aliens will make for good plot fodder when you do get to it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think number 7 is my favorite. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried telling people this one as an excuse, but people don't seem to believe me!

      Delete
  17. Housework related stress disorder, I must have that. Love your list, may I borrow it sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to borrow it any time! It's a useful little list.

      Delete
  18. I believe I will be using the housework related stress disorder, paired with my computer becoming self aware, with a little bit of miming so as to avoid profanity toward children. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been afflicted by housework related stress disorder on multiple occasions.

      Delete
  19. This is very clever, L.G.
    Children say, the dog ate my homework; writers say, the dog ate my WIP. LOL to both!

    I think no#4 is true for lots of writers. Recently I read an article saying that on Sundays, the first thing author Lee Child does is make coffee.
    It's his essential fuel. His record is about 36 cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be able to beat that record on a bad day. I'd be willing to try, at least!

      Delete
  20. This sounds like the list of excuses you'd hand in at school. :D
    Heads up, luckily you're grown up now so there's no need for excuses. Just sit down and get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds eerily familiar :D GREAT idea for a list, LG!
    Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  22. So true and so amusing. Thanks for the laughs and the reminder that I'm a writer and need to write.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a fantastic list! Numbers 4 and 7 are my favorite!
    Stopping by (a bit late!) from the List Hop!

    Cheers,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete