Friday, November 3, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things-November 3, 2017



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa CainTonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

The kids had a great time trick-or-treating.  It was freezing cold, but at least it wasn't windy.  I had the kids wearing heavy layers of clothing under their costumes, so that helped keep them warm.  Jude dressed up as Foxy from the video game Five Nights at Freddy's, while Lyle dressed up as a creeper from Minecraft.  Zoe was an adorable little pumpkin.

It's November, and I've submitted twelve stories so far.  I've had a lot of rejections, of course, but I'm trying not to feel too bad about that.  I've been submitting to big magazines that see hundreds of stories every month, so that's to be expected.  Why do I keep trying when the odds are so stacked against me?  Maybe I'm crazy, but I still feel like I need to keep trying.  Every time I get a rejection, I turn right around and resubmit elsewhere.  If nothing else, I'm proud of my persistence.

I've been making some progress on my writing goals for the month, and I'm determined to keep going.  As long as I have coffee, I'll be okay.

What would you like to celebrate?

3 comments:

  1. Glad the kids had fun. Halloween is supposed to be chilly. (And at least you didn't make them wear coats over their costumes - that's the worst.)
    You keep submitting because that's how you build your career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Halloween and chilly go hand in hand. Congrats on getting out all of those submissions! That's exactly the way to do it, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your kids had fun. It snowed a bit here on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete