Friday, April 12, 2019

Celebrate the Small Things-April 12, 2019


It's Friday! Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain! I am her co-host.

First of all, I'd like to celebrate a quick recovery. My son Lyle fell off his bike last Friday night and hurt his finger. I took him to the emergency room and found out he had something called a buckle fracture. That means that the bone bent but didn't completely break. It's a common injury in kids since their bones are still pretty flexible. He was in a lot of pain for a couple of days and had to keep his finger buddy taped, but now he's acting like nothing happened. He also wasn't afraid to hop back on his bike after the fact.

Weather in my neck of the woods has been less than pleasant the last couple of days, but I'm grateful for the fact that we're not in the middle of the blizzard conditions people to the north and west of us are experiencing. It looks awful in those parts, and I hope spring finally decides to stay.

Sign-ups for the April WEP Challenge are happening now! The prompt for this month is Jewel Box. If you'd like to participate, head on over and make it official! There are sure to be lots of great entries, and the encouragement you get from fellow participants is invaluable.

Lastly, Masquerade: Oddly Suited comes out on April 30th! That's less than three weeks away! I'm definitely excited. Are you?


What would you like to celebrate?


2 comments:

  1. I remember being young and bouncing back from injuries like they were nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blarr, fractures suck. These things happen though. I'm celebrating the 10th year of the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete