Andrea Teagan at The Enchanted Writer has conferred upon me a wonderful honor.
The rules for this award:
This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)
Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay) You must give this award to 5-10other lucky book blogs you adore.
Picking favorite books is like picking a favorite kind of ice cream. If you knew me, that would say a lot. Anyway, I'll lump some series together into one item, because this list would go on forever if I didn't. These include a good mixture of science fiction and fantasy.
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- The Freedom series by Anne McCaffery
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The Dosadi Experiment by Frank Herbert
- The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- Clay's Ark by Octavia Butler
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournell
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- Eternity's End by Jeffrey A. Carver
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
I have to stop myself there. You may notice some recurring themes here, though I also tried to include a range. Right now I'm thinking of all the amazing authors who aren't represented on this list, like Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert Heinlein, Douglas Adams, and so many others I can't count. They would all be on this list if I could keep going, but I need to stop myself somewhere. Maybe I'll talk about some of the favorites that didn't make this list at a later time.
Now I must nominate 5-10 other bloggers for this. Andrea outdid herself and nominated 15. That shows a level of passion that anyone would admire. Since she passed on the award to so many of my favorite blogs, I'll confine myself to 5. I swear I can adhere to one limit.