Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Here's A Bombshell For You!


A quick note for those of you here for my IWSG post, it's immediately below this one. However, feel free to stay for this post as well.  I promise you won't regret it!

I decided to join in on the fun when I saw the announcement for the Bombshell Launch Party.  This fun event is hosted by Madeleine Maddocks over at Scribble and Edit.

I'll borrow Madeleine's words to describe the spirit of this exercise:
Since there's more than one bombshell in this novel, I am organising a Bombshell Launch Party to celebrate the forthcoming release of my eBook Ultimate Sacrifice on 1st August.
If you have a blog and you'd like to take part, all you need to do is post a picture or description of your chosen person along with the bombshell you’d like to drop.
Come dressed to kill, ready to drop that bombshell on someone you have always admired, longed to meet, wish to get even with or just simply envy. It’s the chance to say what you’ve been keeping repressed (real or imagined). 
Sounds fun, right?

I decided to take this in a fun and fictional direction.  As a science fiction writer, I like to think about the "what if's" in life.  And in keeping with my science fiction tradition, I decided to pose myself this question: If I were only dating my husband and hadn't yet had kids with him, would I travel with The Doctor in the TARDIS?

For the purposes of this post, my answer is yes.  Here is a picture of the man I am leaving behind in this imaginary scenario, and following is the letter I wrote to let him know.

Don't worry, honey!  I'm not actually leaving!
Dear Jamon,

I'm sorry to spring this on you, but I had no idea this was going to happen.  An alien calling himself The Doctor showed up in a blue box that he calls the TARDIS.  It means Time and Relative Dimension in Space.  That means, in layman's terms, that his blue box can take me anywhere and anywhen.
A picture of my TARDIS coin bank.

Yes, I said "me."  The Doctor told me that I'm brilliant, and he wants me to travel with him as his assistant.  Now, don't get jealous.  That means he wants me to help him save the universe.  There are no romantic intentions on his part.  After all, he's a Timelord and about 1,000 years old.

You know me.  I've always wanted to see the universe, and I couldn't turn this down.  

Remember, the TARDIS travels in time too, so I'll probably be back before you even notice I'm gone.  I'll try to talk The Doctor into giving you a spin in it sometime.  Just not right now.  We had to leave fast, because something important came up.  That's why I'm writing you this letter instead of saying good-bye in person.  I didn't even have time to wait for you to get off work.

Again, sorry about how sudden this is, but I love you.  I have to go now.  I'll see you later!  I promise!

Sincerely,
Laura



My British Parking sign.  Hey, the TARDIS parks, so why not?


9 comments:

  1. Very clever :) Maybe you could return at the exact time you left and he wouldn't even know. Have a good time in TARDIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun post, L.G.! And if you return in the Doctor's box to the very spot in space and time that you left, are you then re-TARDIS-ed?

    ;^)

    And BTW -- left you a couple of blog awards on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, What a fabulous Bombshell entry. I hope Jamon understands. LOL! I wonder if he's jealous and wishes he could have come too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that was cute. I'm sure The Doctor could help time your return before Jamon has the time to feel jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *LOL* I'd go with the Doctor and take my husband (a.k.a. not really Rory) and my kid who will grow up in the TARDIS and be brilliant and quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I dig how you let your husband know this isn't really happening in his photo's caption. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh, the Dr. Who time traveller machine. Who knows what wild and wacky adventures await!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear My Oh So Gullible Wife,
    I am writing this to tell you the doctor is lying to you. Not about his alien heritage, his crazy adventures, or even his T.A.R.D.I.S. But rather about his intentions. I am a man. So understand how easy it is to sweep a girl away with ideas of adventure through out time and space. I can tell you right now that everything he has said to you is code for: I want to use you and then throw you away. Here is how:
    1.Lets start with the fact that he has two hearts. It seems romantic and all that he can give out twice the love. But in truth it just means he has more blood running to his, well you know. (Unless he has two of those also...Hmm!)
    2.T.A.R.D.I.S.: He says that it stands for Time and Relative Dimension in Space. But what he really means is: "I have a really nerdy Cadillac, want to go for a ride." Which you know every geeky (and I mean that in the best way possible) girl like you would fall for.
    3.HE IS A THOUSAND YEARS OLD!!!!!! Talk about a PEDO!
    4.About the whole being back before I notice. If I recall correctly he didn't get that dumb blonde back for almost a year.
    5.How do you know you are not the "Christmas special companion" (which we all know is basically a red shirt). They usually die. Except for Donna. But she ended would die if she ever saw the doctor again.
    6.Oh and this whole last of the Timelords thing is a bunch of BS. The master is still alive. Oh i know we saw him die but that SOB keeps coming back. You know he is just doing that to get all the sympathy points he can get.
    7.Now what is this about you wanting me to go with you two. Have you seen the couples' track records with him. Mickey and Rose are in another universe. Donna's fiance was using her to take over the world. Amy and Rory had River. So what makes you think that would ever be a good idea.
    8.My finale point is not so much about how much he is a jerk. But rather how much I love you and would miss you if you were gone. But I do have to respect your wishes. So if the doctor gets you hurt, killed, pregnant, or erased from time. Then I will so have a one night stand with River Song to get back against him.

    I love you and Have Fun,
    JAMON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is proof that my husband is a hopeless geek. Now you can all see why I love him so much.

      Delete