Thursday, April 13, 2017

K is for Kite



For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I’m writing drabbles based on words I got from a random word generator.  A drabble is a short piece of fiction of exactly 100 words.


Enjoy!

Kite

The reds, yellows, and blues of the kite glow as it sails in front of the sun. 
Poor Icarus and his melted wings, I think.  What must it have felt like to soar through the sky only to have the experience cut brutally short?
I close my eyes, feeling the subtle tugs of the string in my hands as the wind pulls the little kite to and fro.  
What if it could lift me from the ground?  What if I could grow wings and fly?
With my upturned face warmed by sunlight, I imagine being swept up in the wind.

5 comments:

  1. When I'm flying a kite I always think I can fly myself...
    I've chose the same word today.
    -----
    Eva - Mail Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually been the kind to wish I could fly. I get motion sick too easily, I would probably just throw up on people as I zoomed past. Worse superhero ever.

    K is for Kanata, the origin of the name "Canada" (probably)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a repeating dream all my early life that I was flying.It was awesome and felt totally real.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was always so worried that it would fly out of my hands or I would have it bury it's nose in the ground when I was twirling it round so actually day-dreaming about flying never seemed an option!!http://pempispalace.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/k-is-for-kids-kingdom.html

    ReplyDelete