Friday, April 14, 2017

L is for Literal and Celebrate the Small Things-April 14, 2017



For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I’m writing drabbles based on words I got from a random word generator.  A drabble is a short piece of fiction of exactly 100 words.


Enjoy!


Literal

The cast itched so much it was going to drive Lloyd mad.  He glared at the blue plaster, fury bubbling inside him.  His leg was propped on a footrest, placed so half the TV screen was obscured.  This left him with little to do other than stew in his own misery.
His friend Danny shuffled into the room.  “How are you feeling?” he asked.
“Wonderful,” Lloyd grumbled.  “One performance and I’m out of the play.  I can’t believe I fell off the stage.”
Danny grinned.  “When I told you to break a leg, I didn’t think you’d take me literally.”





It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

The whole family took turns being sick over the past week. I'm still nursing a cold, but that's far better than I had earlier in the week.  Even Zoe has a cough, but it doesn't seem to be too bad.  She's still sleeping well at night, so I'm grateful for that.

I'm looking forward to Easter.  As long as the weather holds out and everyone is healthy enough, I plan to take the kids to a local Easter egg hunt.  Last year they won a free book, which was cool.  We'll also be having a family dinner.  That's always an enjoyable experience.

I'm also celebrating new episodes of MST3K on Netflix!  Yay!



What would you like to celebrate?


9 comments:

  1. I once posted a drabble very day for a month to get rid of writer's block. Literally it rejuvenated me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baboom-tish! I think your story deserves one of those little drum sound effects at the end. Very fun. Wishing you good weather and good health for the egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right! MST3K starts up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that short story. You made me laugh! Sorry everyone's been under the weather. I hope you're all feeling better soon. Have a wonderful Easter egg hunt and family dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice little drabble - and I definitely miss doing the "Celebrate the Small Things". Soon, someday, sometime, I will join in again!

    L: Las Vegas & Leesburg
    DB McNicol, author & traveler
    Theme: Oh, the places we will go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Cute drabble.

    I hope the sickness passes from your family quickly! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danny will be lucky if his friend doesn't throw his water jug at his head. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your play on words. Drabbles would be fun as a blog hop, or is there one already? I'm always the last to know. I'm breaking from Celebrate...until after the a-z, but good for you setting the example. Happy Easter and good health to all!

    "Female Scientists Before Our Time"
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you've all been under the weather! I've noticed that the older the kids get, the less we're sick. Hope your Easter was dry enough for a couple of egg hunts! We managed not to lose any eggs this year (sheer miracle)

    ReplyDelete