Monday, April 17, 2017

N is for Numbers


For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I’m writing drabbles based on words I got from a random word generator.  A drabble is a short piece of fiction of exactly 100 words.


Enjoy!

Numbers

My life can be broken down by numbers.
For example, it’s been 472 days since I left my house.  Delivery services and working from home have made this possible.
It’s been 38 days since I last considered going outside.  I only thought about it seriously for 1 hour and 23 minutes.
It’s been 12 days since my last shower.
It’s been 492 days since your car crashed.
It’s been 478 days since the doctors said there was no hope.
478 days since I even wanted to look at another person.
I can’t go even 1 minute without thinking of you.

1 comment:

  1. How sad. That's someone who has completely shut down and is stuck in the grief cycle.

    ReplyDelete