Thursday, April 20, 2017

Q is for Quantum



For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I’m writing drabbles based on words I got from a random word generator.  A drabble is a short piece of fiction of exactly 100 words.


Enjoy!

Quantum

“I’m going mad,” Ruby said, glaring at the open science textbook in front of her.  “I don’t think anyone can study quantum physics without losing their minds.”
No one could hear her, of course.  There was no one else in this desolate section of the library.  Not this late at night.
She tried to picture what the pieces of paper and the wood of the table looked like at the quantum level.  Then she stopped.  She didn’t want her brain to implode.
Shaking her head, she returned to her reading.  Mad or not, she had an assignment to finish.

5 comments:

  1. I felt that way about some of my classes in college. Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just about powering through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain would've melted at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize what the title of "Quantum of Solace" meant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty much how I feel when I hear the word, quantum.

    DB McNicol | Oh, the places we will go! | Quartzsite & ???

    ReplyDelete