Monday, April 24, 2017

T is for Traitor



For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I’m writing drabbles based on words I got from a random word generator.  A drabble is a short piece of fiction of exactly 100 words.


Enjoy!

Traitor

“You traitorous swine!” Jonah cried, holding the sword aloft.  “How dare you betray us this way?  How has it come to this?”
Emilio lay on the floor, his hands held up in surrender.  “I’m sorry!  Take anything from me!  Just spare my life and I will go!”
Jonah shook his head.  “Nothing but your spilled blood will appease me.”
“What in the world is going on here?  You’re supposed to be cleaning your room.”
Jonah and Emilio turned to see their mother standing in the doorway.  Jonah let the foam sword fall to his feet.  “Our plans have been foiled.”

4 comments:

  1. Children should have rich fantasy lives :-) Happy A-to-Z-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of my wife and her sister regaling me of reenacting the swordfight from The Princess Bride as children. They still remember all the dialogue.

    T - Toronto's Ill-Fated First Hanging

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Love that scene! "Would you stop SAYING THAT!" :P

    I'd be reenacting scenes from Highlander though...although that's probably not a good idea as all the swords in our house are fully functional :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Reminds me of Angela Goff's nephews....

    DB McNicol | Oh, the places we will go! | Tennessee & Texas

    ReplyDelete