Tuesday, April 25, 2017

U is for Ubiquitous


For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I’m writing drabbles based on words I got from a random word generator.  A drabble is a short piece of fiction of exactly 100 words.


Enjoy!

Ubiquitous

“Ugh, that song,” Joel grumbled.  “I hear it everywhere I go!”
Cindy nodded, sipping her soda.  The radio was barely audible over the clattering plates and chattering customers, but it was enough.  “I know what you mean.  It’s as ubiquitous as people who can’t parallel park.”
Joel raised an eyebrow.  “You can’t parallel park.”
“See what I mean?  That illustrates my point.”
He honestly didn’t know what the point of the conversation was anymore.  The badly auto-tuned vocals and uninspired lyrics were melting his brain.  He covered his ears, but the song played on in his mind, mocking him.

7 comments:

  1. The point is, he needs to go somewhere that doesn't have a radio for a few hours so he can try to finally get that earworm out of his head. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe in San Francisco they know how to parallel park, uphill and downhill. Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry
    Sorry yeah
    So Sorry
    Is it too late to say I'm sorry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hate it when I get a song stuck in my head. It doesn't matter what I do, every time my mind gets a slight pause, off it goes again! U is for Understanding URLs as you Build a Better Blog. #AtoZchallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A slice of every day life...I love it!

    DB McNicol | Oh, the places we will go! | Utah & Universal Studios

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always amazing to me how such a short piece can conjure up such images in my mind. Well done!
    #HotMan Underwear Models

    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job writing your drabbles. I'd never heard the word before today. :) And, I liked how you slipped so many "u" words into the story.

    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge. See my “U” post here: https://lydiahowe.com/2017/04/25/u-is-for-uncle-izaac-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete