Friday, July 14, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things-July 14, 2017



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

The Kickstarter for the 2018 Young Explorer's Adventure Guide just ended, and the project met it's funding goal. I'm so excited to be a part of this anthology, and I'm happy to see so many people working together to make it happen!

We had an adventure getting an old car to a junkyard yesterday. It had been sitting around for a while and desperately needed to be moved.  The goal was to drive it there, but it didn't work according to plan.  Things like to go awry when dealing with old, broken-down vehicles.  We did manage to get it all dealt with in the end, and no one was harmed in the process, so I'll count that as a win.

I'm looking forward to a simple, calm weekend.  The last two weekends have been crazy busy, and while they were fun, I'm grateful for the chance to relax.

What would you like to celebrate?

9 comments:

  1. That's awesome the book hit its goal!
    Hope this weekend is calm and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Wishing your Anthology much success. I hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the anthology's success with the Kickstarter.

    No more junker in your yard? Those are standard here in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your huge accomplishment! The cover on the book is really amazing. I hope you can find time to rest in your next few weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant news on the funding, congrats! Enjoy the peaceful weekend ahead. :)

    Shah
    http://shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping your weekend exceeds your expectations...and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great. Two very different successes! Well done on both counts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great the kickstarted was a success. I was watching it and had planned on donating, but life butted in and sadly I couldn't spare the cash anymore. That means I'll just have to buy it late and hopefully the budget will allow that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that the kickstarter was a success! We have a vehicle in my barn which needs to be brought away, but first, it needs to be put back together (one of my family members thought they could fix it back up and realized a rebuilt engine cost more than they liked). Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete