Friday, July 20, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things-July 20, 2018




It's Friday! Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain! I am her co-host.

Posting late again, mostly because it's been a crazy couple of days and I forgot. Oops! 

The weather around here was a bit unstable yesterday, to say the least. There were 27 reports of tornadoes all over Iowa, and at one point, the tornado siren where I live went off. Right in the middle of Zoe's nap time, so she was a bit grumpy about that.  Still, I'm grateful we didn't have any storm damage here. Some towns weren't so lucky and sustained serious damage.

Today is the start of our annual town celebration, so there are going to be fun activities for the kids at the park tonight. They're looking forward to the facing painting and petting zoo.  Tomorrow we'll attend the parade, and there are going to be bouncy houses for the kids to play in. They always love that part. I have the feeling I'm going to be worn out afterwards.

What would you like to celebrate?

3 comments:

  1. I heard about all the tornadoes in Iowa. Very scary. I'm glad there wasn't any damage in your area. Have fun at your town's celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't have any damage to worry about.

    Sounds like a fun celebration. I was at one this past weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you made it through the weather okay!
    The celebration sounds like it will be a blast, especially for the kids. We have a small one to attend tomorrow too with face painting, balloons and such. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete