Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ahh . . . The Difficulties of Moving

My family moved last November, and as much as I hate to admit it, there are still some boxes that, while stored away in the appropriate closets, have not actually been unpacked as of yet.  Today I went out in search of a poetry book that I've written since I wanted to use something from it.  Well, I went through everything and couldn't find it.  Not a sign of it anywhere.  I am feeling infinitely frustrated right now.

This incident has brought me to a solid conclusion.  I need to set aside an area in the house specifically for my writing-related items.  That way I will know exactly where everything I need is supposed to be.  I won't lie.  This probably won't solve my issue of misplacing things entirely, but it can hardly make things worse.  There's a corner in my bedroom that I can use.  I should get a writing desk too.

If I'm going to try to be a real writer, I need to act like one.

3 comments:

  1. So I realized I completely forgot to grab those boxes when we were at your place. In that case it just gives us an extra excuse to come bug you guys again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I realized that too. Feel free to get them any time. Oh, and if you read this, I need a new invite to read your blog. My computer spazzed out on me and now the link is invalid. Technology hates me.

    ReplyDelete