Monday, December 10, 2012

Musing About the Darkness



So, I think it's official.  I'm messed up in the head.

Okay, I never really denied that I'm a bit odd, but my writing confirms my strange nature.  My writing can sometimes be sarcastic, sometimes it can be dark.  I deal in dark themes from time to time because, quite frankly, I enjoy it.  I like testing the limits of human activity, I like peeking into the dark corners to see what might be lurking, and I like exploring the resilience of my characters when they face these dark situations.

I tried to blame Pleiades for the darkness in me.  She is my muse after all.

Pleiades: Please, you can't blame me for what you write.  I inspire you, I give you a starting point.  While you need that in the beginning, you're the one who chooses where to steer the story.  You let the inspiration take you to those dark places.  If anything, you should be taking a good look inside if you want to understand where it comes from.

Me:  Do you think I'm crazy?

Pleiades:  You shouldn't bother with such stupid questions!  Of course you're crazy!  You're a writer after all, and I only work with the most mentally unhinged.  It makes my job more entertaining!

Me:  (Sarcasm) Well, I feel better.  I'm so glad I asked you for your opinion.

Pleiades:  (Smiles) You're welcome!

Sometimes I think you shouldn't ask a question unless you're sure you're prepared to hear the answer.

Now, in an effort to take a step out of the shadows, I wanted to share this video. It puts some of the most popular fictional women (Hermione from Harry Potter, Katniss from The Hunger Games, Michonne from The Walking Dead, Bella from Twilight, Lisbeth from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) in a house together. And as expected, the hilarity ensues!  I already shared it on my other blog, but I figured I have a lot of followers here that would be able to appreciate it.  It's a trailer for a web series, so if you like what you see, there's more!


No comments:

Post a Comment