I decided to join in on the What Are Your 18 Things? Blogfest because it sounded like fun. Jamie Ayers is hosting this event to celebrate the upcoming release of her book 18 Things.
The idea is straightforward. Sometime between January 17th-24th, blog about your bucket list. Don't have one? Then why not write one? A bucket list can be a good source of motivation. It helps you organize priorities and focus on what's important.
So, here are my 18 things.
- Have a book published the old fashioned way
- Visit Australia
- Visit the UK
- Own a house
- Go skydiving
- Take flying lessons
- Go up in a hot air balloon
- Own a writing desk (somehow I've been meaning to get one for a long time but it just hasn't happened)
- Go to a sci-fi convention
- Meet Neil Gaiman
- Meet Neil deGrasse Tyson (wow, I must like Neils)
- Be interviewed on TV or in a major publication about my writing
- Go to Adult Space Academy
- Give my kids a fun family vacation.
- Make sure my kids get a good education
- Learn Klingon
- Meet an actor who's played The Doctor
- Go into space (I know this one's extra ambitious, but with private industry making plans for commercial flights, it's not impossible)
There's my list! Some items are more ambitious than others, but I think it's a pretty good list to keep me motivated. What items would you put on your bucket list?