Friday, September 29, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things-September 29, 2017



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa CainTonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

It's been one of those weeks where I've been busy, but I don't feel like I've gotten a lot done.  I'm sure most of you can relate to that.  In my case, this failure to finish anything is largely due to the projects I've tackled this past week.  I'm working on two separate short stories, jumping between them as inspiration allows.  Doing this means that the work I've gotten done is spread out, and that makes it feel like I've accomplished less than I actually have.  I'm choosing to celebrate the fact that I've gotten some good writing done, even if I find myself feeling I should have done more.

I also did more outlining for my novel in progress.  I'm happy with the story I have in my head, at least so far.  I have a long way to go on it, of course.  Hopefully my enthusiasm for the project will keep me going.

I'm also celebrating the fact that October is almost here.  October means Halloween is almost here, and it's absolutely one of my favorite holidays!  My boys are already excited.  They can't wait to go trick-or-treating.  They've been making lots of homemade decorations and hanging them up around the house.  I may be biased, but I think they're pretty good artists.

What would you like to celebrate?

4 comments:

  1. Working on 2 stories is hard work. To enter the IWSG anthology contest, I had to quit my WIP to write a short story because my brain has a hard time concentrating on more than 1 project.

    I love this time of year two!!! It's big time fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late in dealing with last week's blogs but wanted to visit before this week's go round. LOL!

    Like you, I'm looking forward to October but the fall weather is already moving in. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working on two stories is good.
    Your kids are going to be frothing by the time Halloween actually gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had that same feeling, but I know I've done a ton of things. My daily to-do lists start off long and by the end of the day are mostly done.

    ReplyDelete