Friday, February 2, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things-February 2, 2018


It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  I am her co-host.

I've started setting public writing goals since that helps motivate me and hold me accountable.  My goal for January was to reach 45,000 words in my untitled WIP.  Did I achieve that goal?  Yes, yes I did!  My word count at the end of the month was 50,657.  I surpassed my word count goal by more than 5,000 words, and I'm pretty excited about that.

My goal for February is to have at least 65,000 words written by the end of the month.  I'd really love to have the first draft of this novel written by the end of April.  I really think I can do it, too.  Life has to cooperate with my aspirations, of course.

Zoe has become a real climber in the last week.  She's been driving me crazy with the way she loves to climb onto the glass coffee table and knock everything off of it.  Nevertheless, it's still good to see her grow and excel at things.  If only she weren't so stubborn, though.  She can't seem to accept the word 'no' as something she should take seriously.  I'm afraid she's inherited my own stubbornness, and if that's the case, this kid is going to keep me on my toes for a long time to come.

What would you like to celebrate?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the word count!
    Good luck wrangling Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started making monthly goals too. Congrats on the word count. Have fun with your little climber. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great word count. I find blogging my goals really helps me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandson who lives with me is climbing everything now, as well. And refusing to take a nap. He’s not yet two. Yet you still got a ton of writing done, like doing a NaNo. Great going. I tried to sign up, but couldn’t find a Linky anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on surpassing your goals!! Keep it up! Zoe has hit that stage of the game already? Pretty soon, she'll be saying "No" right backatcha...hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats on getting 50k written. That's AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've finished painting the master bedroom! Major celebration worthy!

    Congratulations on meeting your goal!

    ReplyDelete