Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The Insecure Writer's Support Group-September 2021

 


It's the first Wednesday of the month, and that means it's time for another meeting of The Insecure Writer's Support Group. Our leader Alex J. Cavanaugh has assembled a great group of co-hosts: Rebecca Douglass, T. Powell Coltrin @ Journaling Woman, Natalie Aguirre, Karen Lynn, and C. Lee McKenzie.

Be sure to check out the IWSG website for great advice for writers!

The optional question for this month is: How do you define success as a writer? Is it holding your book in your hand? Having a short story published? Making a certain amount of income from your writing?

For me, success depends on how the rest of my life is going. When things in my normal everyday life are chaotic and busy, success is getting words on the page. That was especially true over the summer when my kids were out of school.

Now that life is settling back into a normal routine, success would be finishing the novel that I'm currently working on, as well as getting a short story published again sometime in the near future. I'm really hoping I can get that done.

What does success look like to you?


8 comments:

  1. For me, getting words on the page and moving toward getting a manuscript finished makes me feel successful. Glad you'll have more time to write now that summer is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress of any kind is always success. Hope you get a lot more done now that you have some peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daily life play a huge part in how we perceive success. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how what is going on in life can affect what we can get done and consider success. (I used to write after my son went to bed, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life always interferes in one's writing. Maybe we should look at it another way: life always provides inspiration for one's writing. Sounds much better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    I truly understand that there are times that just the words on paper is success. When I am on tour or have a concert, success turns into just having a few quiet moments to write my thoughts in my iPad or MacBook.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's perfect--the definition of success certainly does slide around, and what's happening in our lives is the reason for a lot of that.

    ReplyDelete