The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is made possible by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.
List 5 imperfections about yourself that might bug others, but it's what makes you, well, you.
- I randomly quote movies and TV shows. A lot. I try to make sure the quotes fit in with what's going on in real life. Only a handful of people understand my references, but luckily, my husband frequently does.
- When inspiration strikes, I have to write something down, even if only a few notes so the idea doesn't slip away entirely. The need to do this can come at awkward moments that set some people on edge, but I can't help when the ideas come!
- I don't have normal conversations. While girls are often expected to have conversations about fashion (of which I know nothing, so be grateful I don't try to discuss it) and similar things when spending time with friends, I want to talk about possible methods of interstellar travel or debate philosophical dilemmas. Or time travel paradoxes. Or physics paradoxes, such as Schrodinger's Cat. Some people will never understand me for that reason.
- I'm extremely particular about the way I do dishes. I have to wash the silverware first, then the coffee cups and glasses, then the little plates, then the big plates, and finally pots and pans. There can be no deviation from this established pattern.
- I fold laundry, but it takes me forever to put it away. When we lived in a one story house, I regularly put it away. Now that we live in a two story house, however, it's harder to get the motivation to put it away. I'll even go to great lengths to hide certain stacks of laundry from view so they don't seem too conspicuous. In fact, it would probably be easier to put it away properly in the first place, but that knowledge still doesn't motivate me to do it.
That's my list. Do any of you have quirks you'd like to mention?