Friday, February 17, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things-February 17, 2017



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

I've been busy this week.  Though I was making progress on my WIP, I found myself growing frustrated with it. Something doesn't feel right about how things are progressing.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Anyway, I decided to set it aside for now and work on another project for the time being. Hopefully when I return to it, I'll be able to look at it with fresh eyes.

So now I'll tell you about the project I'm currently working on. I've resurrected the story I wrote for April A-Z 2013, and I'm getting ready to self-publish it.  I've designed a cover, and I'm about halfway through edits.  I've also been publishing it in sections on Wattpad as I go.  Here's the cover.


The weather here has been amazing for February, and we're expecting it to get even better over the weekend.  I'll probably take the kids out for a walk at some point, and I'm sure the park may happen as well.  Unless it's too muddy, of course.

What would you like to celebrate?


9 comments:

  1. Great that you're publishing that A-Z story! I do remember it from back then. It's a constant ebb and flow with writing, I find. You can make a lot of progress but then it seems that things aren't going as well as you'd hoped. Hopefully some breathing space will help you refocus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lull on my recent WIP, too. I did the same and worked on another project. I recently returned to the old one and found some progress.
    The cold is supposed to snap here too, spring-like weather is expected for the weekend. But I doubt it'll last...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the cover that you designed. You are a talented graphic designer! I find it's best to set something aside also if you're having trouble moving it forward. Good luck with your endeavors and have a great weekend! Stopping by from the #CTST www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember the story. Maybe it was before I met you. Either way, yay! I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely cover! And yes, I've had the ominous feeling sometimes. I had to stop dead for weeks a few times with Bloodwalker. A long period of reflection clarified the problem and then finding a fix was easy. Good luck with all your projects & have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fun cover. Best of luck with your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun cover! I shove the story aside when it starts doing that. Usually, a little break helps. Enjoy the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearing the mind can do wonders so I'm sure when you return to it it will all fall into place much quicker. Love the cover :) Thanks for co-hosting - Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete