Monday, April 3, 2017

B is for Bleak

For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I’m writing drabbles based on words I got from a random word generator.  A drabble is a short piece of fiction of exactly 100 words.


Enjoy!



Bleak

“Existence is bleak and meaningless,” I muttered.  “There’s nothing good in this world.”
My husband cast me a raised-eyebrow from across the kitchen.  He didn’t look like a ray of sunshine either, but he never does first thing in the morning.  However, his sleepy eyes and mussed hair couldn’t compare to the dark cloud that had descended upon me.  “Isn’t that a bit overdramatic?”
I shook my head.  “No.  The world as I know it is coming to an end.”  I lifted the canister from the counter and held it up for him to see.  “We’re out of coffee.”

11 comments:

  1. LOL - I love it. Caffiene addicts everywhere can relate :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Shapeshifters and Werewolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! refreshing and sweet :) i can be that dramatic sometimes too!
    My everyday's banters in my tin(y)sel town

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this immensely :-) Happy A-to-Z-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a coffee junkie, I agree!!!
    Another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! yassssssssssssssss! this is perfect! adoring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noes! No more coffee???? Whatever shall she do? XD

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly how I feel when I don't have coffee! And since my coffee maker died on me months ago, I've had to switch to drinking only tea for now. It's still caffeine, but it's not quite the same.
    Can't wait to read tomorrow's entry!

    LINK

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, my husband feels the same way about catsup. End of the world for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Never heard of a dabble but might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's a funny thing for you. As I started reading this, I started thinking about coffee - you've definitely mastered the art of suggestion!

    The punch line was perfect! =D

    Slices of an Unschooling Life
    @shanjeniah
    Indie Writer, Mom-in-Chief, and Joyful Learning Facilitator
    Shan Jeniah's Lovely Chaos

    ReplyDelete