Friday, February 16, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things-February 16, 2018



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  I am her co-host.


I'd like to start by giving a shout out to WRiTE CLUB 2018 and thank D.L. Hammons for all the hard work he does to make this possible.  If you've been curious about it but have hesitated to give it a shot in the past, I'd like to encourage you to try.  It's a fun time, and even if your piece doesn't make the cut, you can get involved by reading each time a bout is posted and vote for your favorite!

My boys have a four day weekend, and they are so happy about that.  We don't have anything special planned, but I did get to sleep in an hour later than normal this morning, so I'm celebrating that.

As for writing, I met my monthly goal of reaching 65k in my WIP this week.  In the days following, my progress slowed a little, mostly because I'm working on a tricky scene.  I know where the story needs to go, but I have to get this part done to get there.  I'm trying to remind myself that it doesn't need to be perfect now, because anything can be fixed later on.  

What would you like to celebrate?

2 comments:

  1. Was interested in hearing about the Write Club. Thanks for the link. Congratulations on your WIP goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always for celebrating sleeping in. ;)

    ReplyDelete