Monday, March 26, 2012

Update

It's been a little while since I posted.  Life's been hectic as always.  There was a death in the family recently, so things like that always throw you for a loop.  My grandfather died of cancer on St. Patrick's Day, which oddly enough is the last time I posted.  Between this, my mother dying last May, my husband being in the hospital last July (though he's okay now at least), my dad getting into a nasty car accident that fractured his skull right before my birthday, and finding out on my birthday that we were being kicked out of our house and had a month to move, I find  it amazing that I've managed to stay sane.

Okay, I'll admit, I'm not entirely sure whether I've managed to stay sane.  I can only hope I have.

All right.  Venting over.  I needed to get that out there, even though I'm sure it's not the most entertaining of things to read.

I've been focusing a lot on the novel I'm writing lately.  I'm close to being halfway done with it, and I really only started working on it heavily last month.  That's pretty good for me.  When life threatens to bring me down, I leap into a fictional world and tear that one down instead.  Therapeutic and nicely absent of the legal ramifications of actually inflicting property damage on the neighbors (who are very nice people who wouldn't in any way deserve that---but psychotic rampages tend to happen suddenly and without reason).

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about all the bad things going on recently. Wow. At least writing is therapeutic. Good luck with your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies. Venting's good. And so is writing. I've always said it was therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also sorry to hear how bad things have been lately. It is good that writing helps you cope with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Grandpa was a great man. I didn't get to see him much, but I always thought he was sweet.

    Girl, I think if anyone deserved to win the lottery, it's you guys. Maybe I should write in to Ellen. ;)

    ReplyDelete