Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What is Your Geek Quotient?


There is no post for the Express Yourself Weekly Meme this week. Spooktoberfest is still going on, so be sure to check out as many stories as you can!

I thought I'd just share a couple of little things with you for my Tuesday post. We all have a little, or a lot, of geek in us.  When we embrace that geek, we truly shine.  So, dig deep and determine your Geek Quotient.  Just be warned, finding your inner geek is not for the faint of heart!  It takes dedication.




I already shared this next video on my other blog, but I thought I'd share it here as well.  For those of you who don't know, math (while not everyone's cup of tea) can involve a great deal of creativity and fun.  This video shows just how dedicated and excited some math geeks get about their subject of choice.  I'll admit, math wasn't my favorite subject, but I made it through Calculus 3 in college.  In those years, while I didn't develop this kind of love affair with math, I came to appreciate its elegance and the role it plays in the world around us.

That being said, there are three videos in this series, and you can find the links to the following videos at the end of this first one.  I recommend you find the time to watch them all, because they are entertaining.  The woman in the video has a great sense of humor and presents this subject in a fun way.  I promise!  My three year old son loves watching these!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man... So I need to embrace my inner geek??? That I can do! ;-) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... there's math involved? Maybe I don't need to find my GQ after all. Can't I just talk about comic books and Joss Whedon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can embrace my inner geek but I'll have to skip the math!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved both videos, but then I've never hidden my inner geek.

    ReplyDelete