Friday, November 7, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things-November 7, 2014


It's Friday!  That means it's time to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!  I am a proud co-host for this weekly blogging event, along with these other fabulous bloggers:

Diana Wilder
Katie @ TheCyborg Mom

CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse 

This week I have a lot to talk about, so I hope you'll be patient with me.  First of all, I'm helping Mina Lobo celebrate her third blogging anniversary by participating in the Resurrection Blogfest III.  You can find my entry HERE.


Another thing I'm celebrating is that my story "Infection" was chosen as a runner up in Spooktoberfest this year!  This is one of my favorite blogging events of the year, and I'm glad I took part.


I was also Krista Wayment's runner up in the Something Wicked Blogfest!  My tale of villainy was dubbed Most Suspicious.  That's definitely a dubious title to have bestowed upon you in real life, but when it's bestowed upon a character you created, it's totally cool!



My boys made cute pirates for Halloween.  Here's a picture of them with their cousins Sylas and Asher.


I also want to celebrate a return to health.  On Saturday, my son Jude got sick and ended up in the hospital.  He had the beginnings of pneumonia, but thankfully we caught it before it got too bad.  He spent two days in the hospital (I was there with him for most of that time), and he was more than happy to finally get out.  Jude is back in school now and acting very much like his normal self.  For that, I am extremely thankful.

I'm celebrating my friend Chelsea, who brought me food in the hospital.  She also brought Jude a set of toy cars, which made his stay infinitely more pleasant than it might have been otherwise.  And finally, she gave me a late birthday gift that is the definition of awesome.


Many Doctor Who fans may recognize this as the iconic scarf that belonged to the 4th Doctor as portrayed by Tom Baker.  Mmm hmm.  I love it!

And lastly, I'd like to celebrate co-hosting this month's IWSG.  It was a great time!

What would you like to celebrate?




6 comments:

  1. Glad your son is all right now.
    Congratulations on all of your writing success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! On all your stories!!!! Glad Jude is better! Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your son is OK. Great that your friend was on hand to help out. Love the scarf. (I've got a Doctor Who book signed by Tom Baker.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your son is better and out of the hospital - and with new toy cars! The pirate costumes were excellent, and so was the dragon and sleepy Tigger. So adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everyone is OK, now. You have one cute collection of kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news that two pieces made runner up! Nice work. Glad to hear your son is doing so much better. That has to be a huge relief. Thanks again for co-hosting!! Have a great night! Eva

    ReplyDelete