Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The Insecure Writer's Support Group: July 2020



It's the first Wednesday of the month, and that means it's time for another meeting of The Insecure Writer's Support Group. Alex J. Cavanaugh has gathered another group of wonderful co-hosts for this month: Jenni Enzor, Beth Camp, Liesbet @ Roaming About, Tyrean Martinson, and Sandra Cox.

Be sure to visit the IWSG website for great writing resources!

This has been a crazy couple of weeks for us at home. One of the tendons in my husband's leg snapped while he was at work not long ago. The good news is that it isn't a major one, so surgery isn't necessary. Since the tendon helped to support his knee, he will need to do physical therapy to ensure his knee doesn't give out a few years down the road. He also had an issue with one of his feet during this time. So he was off work a little more than a week, and we've been focused on getting him feeling better. Now that he's back to work, hopefully there will be a relative return to normalcy around here.

As things at home have been so crazy lately, I haven't done a lot in terms of writing. I want to change that. As such, I went searching through writing related quotes to boost my inspiration. I came across this one, which was just what I needed to see right now.

“The scariest moment is always just before you start.” -Stephen King

It isn't easy to get back into the swing of things. It can be downright intimidating at times, but that's okay. The important thing is to press on and keep writing.

Have a happy July everyone!


7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's leg. I'm wishing him a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your husband's injury wasn't worse and he's recovered.
    The quote is right. It's that first word...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your husband was hurt but I'm glad it's not too serious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snapped tendon - that sounds so painful. Pulled one before but it didn't snap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard when someone you love struggles with his health issues. Hopefully, physical therapy will help him.
    A lovely quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your husband has a speedy recovery! And I hope you get back into a place where writing is easier. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura. I'm sorry I haven't yet personally answered your email re the trials your family has been through. So tough! I hope the therapy helps your husband and that you and the children are all well now. Trying times, especially in the US.

    ReplyDelete