Thursday, July 8, 2021

The Insecure Writer's Support Group-July 2021

 


Note: Sorry this post is up late! I had it written, but somehow forgot to schedule it. Silly me. Still, better late than never, right?

It's the first Wednesday of the month, and that means it's time to convene another meeting of The Insecure Writer's Support Group. Our leader Alex J. Cavanaugh has assembled a great group of co-hosts for this month: Pat Garcia, Victoria Marie Lees, Chemist Ken, and Louise-Fundy Blue.

Be sure to check out the IWSG website for great writing resources!

The optional question for this month is: What would make you quit writing?

I can't think of a scenario where I would ever quit writing. I go through dry periods where I struggle to write, but those always pass. Sometimes life gets crazy and I have to step back for a time, but I start to feel strange if I go too long without writing. I feel less like myself. I've been writing since I was a kid, so I guess it's just a fundamental part of who I am. It doesn't matter how many writing successes or failures I have. I'm going to keep writing. The only thing that could stop me is if I become physically incapable of writing.

Is there anything that could make you quit writing?




6 comments:

  1. There's a pattern to these posts. I think for most of us it would take something extremely drastic to stop. It can be hard to explain why we have that itch to do it, but we know we need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have to step back for a time.
    No worries on a little late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it would take something really major to make most writers stop writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I could think of that would make me quit writing is if a loved one's life depended on it but that's an unlikely extreme situation. I hope. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like writing is a part of me. I almost quit writing after I lost my husband but have come back to me writing. I could see quitting if I had too many family obligations but might squeeze some little writing times in for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might give up revising, or chasing new rejections, if something bad happened, but I think I'd always want to tell **myself** stories. Happy IWSG Day

    ReplyDelete