Friday, May 20, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things-May 20, 2016


It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain. Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

My youngest son Lyle came down with a stomach bug last night.  It involved a fever of 101 and vomiting, but now he's keeping down everything he eats and he isn't running a temperature.  I'm glad this bug, unpleasant as it has been, seems to be running its course quickly.  Fingers crossed that no one else in this house catches it.

Jude lost another tooth.  Now he doesn't have either of his top front teeth.  Eating is going to be a challenge for a little while.

I got something amazing in the mail this week.


Isn't it great?  It's so cool seeing my story in print.  As a writer, that's one of the best feelings in the world.

I'm making progress on my WIP.  Not as much as I'd hoped for the week, but it's progress nonetheless.  I'll take it.

What would you like to celebrate?



10 comments:

  1. Sorry your son was sick.
    Cool you have a copy of the book now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy holding, hugging, cuddling that book! Hope your son's feeling better and that it doesn't spread. Stomach flus are the one thing I HATE to see the kids get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that bug seems to be passing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to hold your book - there is nothing like a book with a lovely shiny, new cover - give it a big hug and congratulate yourself :) Hope your little one recovers soon and as for Jude you'll be amazed by how he will be somehow able to eat all of his favourite food but then struggle with things like vegetables (if he's anything like mine were!!)
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the flu and the tooth/eating problem. I hope your sons are completely back to normal soon. Yay for getting a print copy of the anthology and for progress on your WIP! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your son continues to feel better! It is always exciting to see your writing in print; enjoy the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stomach bugs are horrible. Glad your son is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your son's stomach bug. I hope the rest of you don't catch it. Holding your own book in your hands is one of the best feelings in the world. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor kiddo! I hope he's feeling better now. I like that something awesome. I have a matching something awesome on my countertop. Yay! We're twinners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your son's stomach bug! I fear getting those more than getting the flu.

    I'm glad you got some writing done, though.

    Congratulations on your book! One day I hope to share the same feeling.

    ReplyDelete