Sunday, March 4, 2012

Some Silliness on a Sunday

I felt like doing something a little fun and silly today.  Everyone who knows me knows how much I love my wonderful bookshelves.  When we eventually have to move out of this house, that's definitely the part I'll miss the most.  Though we won't be parting anytime soon, at least as far as I know, I still figured I could immortalize them here.




Beautiful, aren't they?

And here in tribute, is a poem I wrote about them.  And I assure you, this is all in fun.  I'm not actually crazy.    Or, at least not "lock me up in a padded room and feed me a bunch of pills" type of crazy.  (Not yet.)


An Ode to My Bookshelves

Oh wondrous shelves of wood,
you hold so much in so small a space.
Countless worlds reside upon you,
which you bear with remarkable grace.
Pages upon pages of dreams and fears
find a home in your sturdy structure.
I go to you to find inspiration and hope.
The hearts of many you may puncture.
Tales of sadness, joy, celebration, and loss
lure me back time and again, day and night.
I fill my world with your wisdom and verse
until I am filled to the brink with delight.
Oh, glorious shelves, I adore the!
Oh, let me count the ways.
Well, okay, I won’t do that, but only because
I would have us all here for days!

2 comments:

  1. I am so envious of those epic bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you should be. As you should be. BTW, I love these new clothes! Jamon does too.

    ReplyDelete