According to the rules as I understand them, I need to list 7 facts about myself. Since I love science fiction, and I was nominated by a fellow science fiction fan, I'll try to list facts that reflect that part of my personality.
- When I was a kid, I told my mom to drive warp speed because I wanted to get home fast. I wasn't even sure why she laughed at me.
- As a kid, I also used to scan the sky for Borg cubes. You can never be too careful!
- One of my favorite science fiction quotes ever: "Klaatu barada nikto." I learned this from the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still. My dad and I used to watch that movie regularly, and I still love it.
- I do love special effects, but for me, good exciting special effects are nowhere near as important as the story. I enjoyed the film The Man From Earth for the ideas it presented. I know a lot of people who can't sit through a movie that's 100% dialogue driven, but I love dialogue!
- I always knew I wanted to write science fiction. I didn't just know that I wanted to be a writer. From the age of 6, I knew I wanted to be a science fiction writer. There was never even a question in my mind.
- It would be hard to pick my absolute favorite alien species. There are so many worthy candidates from so many worthy shows, but I have a soft spot for the Vorlons from Babylon 5. They're mysterious, they speak cryptically, and their ships are creepy.
- One of my favorite episodes of Star Trek TNG is "Darmok." It combines my love for sci fi and language.
Now to nominate 15 worthy bloggers for this award. This is always the hardest part. This by no means includes all of the blogs that I've come to love, but what else can I do? We all must choose in life, though we may not know how to do it.
- Chris Fries at A Writer's Expanding and Slightly-Warped Universe
- Gina Gao at Modern World
- McKenzie McCann at The Ubiquitous Perspective
- Misha Gericke at My First Book
- Morgan Shamy at Inner Thoughts of a Redhead Writer
- Jeremy at Geeky Tendencies
- Gossip_Grl at Just You Wait!! One Day I Will . . .
- Julie DeGuia
- Jeff Hargett at Strands of Pattern
- Michael Offut
- Summer Ross at My Inner Fairy
- Jenn at Scribbles From Jenn
- Mina Lobo at Some Dark Romantic
- Julie at Blueberry Dreams
- Cassie Mae at Reading, Writing, and Lovin' It!
Anyway, that was difficult. All of the people I picked are deserving, but so are many that I didn't. If I didn't pick you, please don't take it personally because I love you all!
Have a great Tuesday!