Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Your Ultimate Question

May I ask something about you?


It's Wednesday again, the day I get to be nosy.  I often find that asking questions is just as difficult as answering them.  When you have a chance to ask a question, how do you make it count?  People often say there's no such thing as a stupid question, and that may be true.  But what if you had a limited number of questions?  The game 20 Questions isn't ultimately that restrictive, as that gives you plenty of time to maneuver.

       
Image: Idea go / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
So here's my one question to you, and I hope I can make it count.  If you encountered a situation where you could learn the answer to any ONE question, no matter how profound or seemingly unknowable, what would you ask?  This is your chance to learn anything that you've always wanted to know, so make it count.

What would my question be?  I think, at this point in my life and with my irrepressible curiosity, I'd need to ask this:  What kind of alien life exists in the universe?  With all the stars out there, I believe it has to exist somewhere.  The movie Contact said it best: "If there wasn't, it seems like an awful waste of space."

Now, I could simply ask if alien life exists, but that would yield me a simple YES/NO answer without any detail.  And for a question of this kind, I want more details.  The answer could still be no, it doesn't exist, but if it does, I want more knowledge to accompany the reply.  That's just the way I am.

The question you choose says a lot about who you are, which is while I'll deal with it in my next installment of "Character Profile ?'s."  I plan to do that sometime in the next week.  

Until then, I'll leave you with something to laugh on.  At least I hope.  This is an example of my own personal humor.  I designed this myself for a t-shirt in my Cafe Press Shop (which is still small, but maybe one day I'll make something of it), and it has to do with the ultimate question.  I hope you enjoy.  And if not, please don't be too harsh.



3 comments:

  1. Cool blog you have. I would ask to see another world with alien life on it. I just want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd ask what's going to happen to Earth when the Sun becomes a Red Giant in 5 billion years, and if there's anything our descendants will be able to do to save the planet and humanity before it's erased as though we never existed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... excellent question. But I don't know. See I'm ALWAYS unprepared for these circumstances. :-P

    ReplyDelete