Friday, October 11, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things-October 11, 2013


It's Friday, so that means it's once again time to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!

The weather here in Iowa is still freakishly good.  We're approaching mid-October, and I've been wearing shorts the last couple of days.  That doesn't happen around here.  I'll enjoy it while I can.

Today is my birthday, so that gives me something to celebrate as well.  I'm 28 now.  My husband keeps teasing me, reminding me of the fact that I'm nearing 30.  I just politely smile at him and remind him that isn't a wise thing for him to say if he wants to see his next birthday.  Hehe!  

Image courtesy of aopsan/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I also thought I'd take this opportunity to give shout outs to other blogging friends who have things to celebrate.  Today is Nick Wilford's 2nd blogging anniversary.  Congratulations Nick!

Mina Lobo's 2nd blogging anniversary is also coming up next month.  To celebrate that, she's hosting the Resurrection Blogfest II.  It's easy and fun. All you need to do is resurrect an old post.  You don't have to write anything new.  Seriously.  She's that nice.  So head over to her blog and SIGN UP!  (I already have my post selected and scheduled.  Nearly a month ahead of time. Man, I'm a nerd.)


What would you like to celebrate?


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you're having a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Libras are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Getting closer to 30 just means you're getting wiser. :)

    Sounds like a wonderful bloghop. I'd love to join, but that's in the midst of my blogging break. :( I must abide by my aim to be blog free! Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday dear Lady from us at the "Crypt"... and to many more...

    ReplyDelete